Principal –Design and Engineering
- RPEQ Registered Professional Engineer QLD 7279
- MIEAust Engineers Australia (Civil & Structural)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) University of Queensland, graduated 1993
- Engineering Training Institute of Australia: Forensic Engineering Professional Development
- QBSA Design Licence 1211127 (medium rise)
- Building Designers Association of Queensland
- BEDI Endorsed Sustainable Building Designer
George’s professional career commenced in 1993. He has engineered some of Cairns’ major buildings and structures including Skyrail, Yorkey’s Knob Marina and Boat Club, House on the Hill Apartments and Port Village shopping centre. He has also provided construction engineering services for the Cairns Convention Centre and Royal Harbour to name a few buildings.
Six years was also based in London on projects spanning across the UK including cutting-edge buildings such as the iconic Swiss-Re ‘gherkin’ building in the city of London and formula one car McLaren’s European headquarters in Woking.
George grew up in Cairns and is now raising his own family here. George is a cricket coach for Cairns Rovers Cricket Club and the Edge Hill United Football Club. He also and plays Futsal.